Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nearing 30...........fearlessly!

The other day I was droning on and on about some fears I had about how my husband was approaching something at Church. "What if they don't like it", "You don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable", "I just don't know about that".........all things I said. My husband looked at me and said, "If you were as fearless as you are fearful, there's nothing you wouldn't be able to do."

It hit me like a rock to the forehead! I've always thought I was pretty brave. I mean, I drive on the highway, I buy things that aren't on sale, I tear the tag off the pillows; but I don't think that's what he meant.

So I started thinking: I am six months away from being 30. How fearless can I be as I approach this milestone (well, kind of)? So, here it is: a list of some "fearless" things I want to do in the next six months.

*I want to make a cd to give my dad. He wanted me to grow up to be like Amy Grant;
not quite me, but maybe this Father's day, I could give him a cd of me.

*I want to run/walk some 5k races. I don't want to let the "I can't run" be an excuse!

*I want to get down to a size 14. Not for health reasons, but because I want to do it for me.
I want to look good in a dress!

*I want to stop worrying about not having a baby. I hear so much "well, when you're a parent
you'll know"........well, God hasn't provided yet, but I think I can still live everyday for him
not feeling like somehow I'm broken. Starting today..........I'm gonna work on being patient,
and stop apologizing for not having kids yet.

*I want to fearlessly serve God. I want to be such an open vessel that I can't help but see his
leading in situations in my life.

*I want to witness to people fearlessly!

So there, it is in writing. And maybe someone will read it, maybe not, but there it is.

I don't want to be fearful anymore...........join me?

1 comment:

This Mom Loves Disney! said...

Becca - you go girl. From someone who has seen the big 30 come a go a little bit faster than I'd like to say... I commend you for your list... Maybe I shall make one of my own. But being fearless is something I am afraid i will never be able to do! (See- I am even afraid of being fearless!) How bad is that?