Wednesday, October 28, 2009

GERMS!

Today I am writing far, far away from home because my poor, sweet, dear, stubborn husband has the flu....................eeeeek!

When I am sick, I don't want to be around anyone. I want to feel better, and them emerge from my hibernation. When my husband is sick, on the other hand, he wants to be close to me all the time. I am obviously not a good nurse for him when he is sick. I stick him in a back room, and throw things through the door so he can take care of himself. Isn't he lucky. Most times, I don't even want him in our general living areas, so I don't get sick. I hate being sick!!!!!!!!!!

It got me thinking today though. Unlike a physical sickness, sometimes my life just seems to be covered in sin "germs". I go through a rough patch in life, or I drop off from studying the word as much as I should, and things just build up until I have a full infection. Luckily for me, God is not a nurse(like me) who sticks me in a corner and tries to help me from far off.

Jesus came down to this earth, in the middle of all of our "sin germs", and conquered them all. If you or someone you know has a sin sickness, encourage them, and let them know God, has already sent the vaccine, and it works 100% of the time. All we have to do is accept Him.

No comments: